The financial services market offers today’s consumers a wide variety of products, services, and providers to choose from to meet their financial needs. While this degree of choice provides a great number of options, it also requires that consumers be equipped with the information, knowledge, and skills to evaluate their options and identify those that best suit their needs and circumstances.
This is particularly important for young adults who are looking to make important financial decisions that will shape the rest of their lives. Unfortunately, significant numbers of young Americans continue to demonstrate relatively low levels of financial literacy, and research indicates that the gap between the amount of financial responsibility given to them and their demonstrated ability to manage financial decisions is rapidly widening.
Recent studies have shown many students do not understand the basic financial principles around saving and investing, and have difficulty applying financial decision-making skills to real life situations.
Savings and Investment Information for Teens, 3rd Edition
Savings and Investment Information for Teens, Third Edition, provides updated information to help young adults learn how to develop the habit of saving money and investing for the future. It includes:
- an explanation of how the economy works
- how factors such as interest rates and inflation impact personal wealth
- practical suggestions for developing a financial plan
- a description of the risks and rewards associated with bank accounts, stocks, bonds, and mutual funds
- a directory of resources for additional information for further reading
Other Teen Finance Series Resources
Readers seeking related information may wish to consult:
- Debt Information for Teens, 2nd Edition
- College Financing Information for Teens, Third Edition (Ready April 2017)
- Cash and Credit Information for Teens, Third Edition (Ready April 2017)
Available Online and in Print
Savings and Investment Information for Teens, Third Edition, will be available online this fall as a complimentary part of your print purchase. Find out more at www.omnigraphics.com.